Subject: v1.4.1 vs. Apple CD SC Plus
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Sander <paul@wakawaka.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1999 01:40:54
I just upgraded a Mac IIci (with cache card) from v1.3 to v1.4.1, and am
now having trouble with the Apple CD SC Plus drive that I've been using
for all of my prior installations.

I followed the upgrade instructions in the README file:  I mounted the
CD, copied the kernel off the CD and gunzipped it to /netbsd and
rebooted.  I have never been able to mount the CD since.  I then installed
the remaining sets (excluding /etc) via the installer, and told the booter
to put me in single-user mode.  When I boot up NetBSD and enter single-
user mode and try to mount the CD, my first attempt produces an I/O
error and my second attempt hangs the machine.

Has anyone else seen this?
--
Paul M. Sander    | Every day is a weekend when you work for a startup
paul@wakawaka.com | company.