Subject: Q630 problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <ryan@gstis.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/1999 23:38:04
	Tried to upgrade to -current this afternoon. I wiped my system and
installed the latest snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org. Unfortunately it appears ADB
is screwed up, I type a character and sometimes it echoes 3 or 4... more if I
let it go. Same for backspace.. alot of times I had to Ctr-U to kill the whole
line and start over... it took me 5 minutes to reboot! ;-) Have there been any
problems with -current lately? This was with the HWDIRECT code on a Q630,
latest snapshot (Nov something).

	Also, the reason I was going to upgrade was I'm having problems with
df reporting strange numbers. I consistently get 111% used, independent of how
much disk space I'm really using. I tried both NCR and SBC SCSI drivers. This
is on a 1009MB Micropolis external SCSI drive. Works fine otherwise. But, the
disk usage reporting screws up sendmail... without spool space it refuses to
run. Same with "make package" in the pkgsrc tree. I've been trying to package
up some packages and can't. Any ideas on how to fix this? This is with a 1.4.1
base system, Q630 and the 1009MB Micropolis drive. I thought about building a
custom kernel from the 1.4.1 sources and trying different combinations of
options. I had ran 1.4.1 on this system previously without any problems,
though it was on a 1.3GB drive, I believe my problems started when I swapped
in the smaller drive.

	I've got 3 partitions:

	sd0a /		~600MB
	sd0d /home	~200MB
	sd0g /var	~125MB
	sd0b swap	~80MB

	I'm going to try reformatting the drive entirely and rearranging the
partitions. Perhaps the ordering of the partitions is confusing the system.

	Any ideas?

	Thanks,

	Ryan

--
   Ryan Ordway   *   Systems Administrator   *   GST Whole Earth Networks
           520 SW 6th Ave. Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204