Subject: Re: LC475 having trouble booting
To: Ben Fuller <acidx@xtra.co.nz>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/08/1999 00:42:44
On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Ben Fuller wrote:

> I get this msg when booting then its drops me into this db> prompt.
>
> root device : sd0a
> dump device : sd0b
> File system (default generic): ext2fs
                                 ^^^^^^
> root on sd0a dumps sd0b
> PRAM: 0x384da98a2
> bad directory entry: directory entry across blocks
> offset=0, inode=2806132991, ren_len=30792, name_len=4873
> panic: etx2fs dirbadentry
> stopped in swapper at   _Debugger+0x6         un1k       a6
> db>

This has come up before. I believe the older versions of Mkfs didn't
wipe all of the old linux cruft out of the new file system. There was
a simple fix for this involving "dd". Maybe someone on the list will
recall the details. If not, you might try mining the mailing list
archives <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/mlist/port-mac68k/>.