Subject: Re: Hi
To: Ben Fuller <acidx@xtra.co.nz>
From: Damiano Giorgi <dmgiorgi@tin.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1999 02:00:45
Nel messaggio "Hi" del 06/12/99 15:12, Ben Fuller scriveva:

> Hi im having problems booting from Mac OS, what happens is when i
> boot i gets
> to the point where it says bye bye and starts to boot into BSD then
> halts
> in MacOS
> freezing my mouse.

Are you sure you don't have the "console on serial port" option enabled
in the Booter? Sounds like BSD doesn't get to initialize the video. Try
to play with the other options in the Booter, especially video-related
ones. Alternatively, you could try having another machine attached to
one of the serial ports and running a terminal emulation program to see
what happens (baud rate 9600, data format 8N1).

I've got a 475 too, and BSD runs OK (well, not too bad anyway, just
segfaulting every now and then... :-)

Hope this helps!

Damiano Giorgi
Florence, Italy