Subject: PCMCIA support
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Damiano Giorgi <dmgiorgi@tin.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1999 01:22:20
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, so first of all I apologize if my question has already
been answered.
I'd like to know if PC Card modems (on PowerBooks, that is) are
supported by NetBSD-mac68k. I've searched the NetBSD site and it says
that PCMCIA support is provided by "machine-independent drivers", and
the device type for modems is com*. Since no such device exists on my
system, I've tried to create it with MAKEDEV, but it keeps saying
"unknown device". I'm beginning to suspect those drivers are not in my
kernel (I'm using a GENERIC.sbc 1.4.1 on a PowerBook 190).

So my question is, can I access my PC card? And if yes, how?

Many thanks in advance!

Damiano Giorgi
Florence, Italy