Subject: Re: Speed Increase from Open to Net
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/1999 16:44:52
On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Colin Wood wrote:
> gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > That also means it's more secure. Some people think of this as
> > overkill, and it's not really necessary in all contexts (certainly not
> > as a workstation) but it's a very good idea on any machine that's
> > going to see a lot of (possibly hostile) traffic.
>
> i hear this claim a lot (that openbsd is oh so much more secure than
> anything else out there).  in what way is it really that much more secure?

Somewhere I saw a claim the OpenBSD was installed (on the basis of this
kind of fact/claim) on a very large set (500?) DoD or DoJ computers.
I don't recall the specifics.  Probably someone out there knows more.

I do appreciate the quick performance on my Centris with NetBSD though.
Just like having a real computer again.