Subject: Re: odd... very very odd... (help)
To: Cary Wiedemann <caryw@erols.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/1999 12:06:12
On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 12:26:17AM -0500, Cary Wiedemann wrote:
> Okay you guys...  I need a guru please.
>
> I reformatted my netbsd partition and started fresh.
>
> I installed on the non-x files, and the kern_sbc kernel.
>
> How...  instead of getting a large list of things scrolling
> continuousley accross my screen, I just get:
>
> 'sbc0: parity error!' repeating itself an indefinate number of times.
>
> Anyone know how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Jumper the parity bit on the SCSI drive? (... or remove the jumper, if
one's already there.)

The parity jumper is near the A0-2 jumpers (which set the SCSI ID),
and is probably marked on the drive. (There are a couple of others,
the termination jumper for sure, other than that, it depends on your
variety of SCSI and the drive's manufacturer.)

Just a thought, not sure it'll actually fix the problem.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net