Subject: Re: Xsurvey[was NetBSD/mac68k collection]
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1999 07:48:24
Grant Stockly wrote:

>You can run NetBSD and actually do X without an FPU?  Did you do anything
>special?  I thought that without an FPU it would be hard to get to
>multi-user mode.
>

>Grant

Funny isn't IT? ;} Ofcourse no fpu gives the not-so-occasional coredumps
but rm in a cronjob wipes them regularly.
Have  huge problems with  top, ps -aux and progs. alike (bangs into dbug
when it tries to fpu_add). These did work under 1.3.* though.
Compiling anything? Oh i wish (even bought a chinese abacus to help my box
doing maths)

For X I do ctrl-c when it's struggling for X and a prompt, thus killing the
normal shellprompt. And sometimes it gets stuck down the road or for no
reason.
I 'm not aware that i did something really special.
Just installed all the Xsets  from 1.4.1 while the rest of the sets is 1.4N.

Hope this helps a little.
Later,
T@W