Subject: Laserwriter IINTX
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Herb Singleton <hsingleton@flashcom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1999 16:22:00
I'm trying to get a Laserwriter IINTX to work with NetBSD 1.4 on a IIci
over a serial (RS-422) connection. I followed the thread from January 1999
on a similar matter, but it really didn't every seem to get resolved.

With the printer in PostScript mode, I can print files sent with "cat
filename.ps > /dev/tty01 &" but "lpr -P printer filename.ps" only gives me
a few minutes of flashing lights on the printer. I'm using the example
printcap on Apple's "Apple LaserWriter: UNIX Printing over Serial
Connection" TIL without the input filters.

Am I just SOL?

Herb
Herb Singleton
hsingleton@flashcom.net, hsingleton@hmmh.com