Subject: Re: Daystar accelerators
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1999 23:27:52
Hi,

Wonko the Sane (Brian Hechinger) <wonko@users.tmok.com> wrote:

Brian> will this thing work with NetBSD (please please
Brian> please please say it will!!!)

Yes, stock kernel works well if its external cache is
disabled (to do that, you need Daystar's utility for MacOS).
I use it on my Mac IIci for a year or so with no trouble.

To enable cache, see PR port-mac68k/6112.  Unfortunately,
since the diff is so old (for 1.3F), it might not be applied
to current source.  More serious problem is that the kernel
build with cache support can't run on machines without it.

I'm planning to rewrite the code to become bus-space style
to fix the problem (Allen and Scott told me how to do that).

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 20 architectures!