Subject: Re: Ethernet for LC II
To: Christos Ricudis <ricudis@paiko.gr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1999 13:35:35
Christos Ricudis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a supported Ethernet card for my Mac LC II running
> NetBSD-current. Looking at the relevant FAQ question, it seems to me that
> the only cards that the LC II supports are not working.

this might not be true anymore.  if the LC uses LC/Comm slot ethernet,
then it might work under netbsd 1.4.1.  i don't believe i've gotten any
positive reports on this to be sure, tho.  if anyone has ethernet working
on an LC II, please let me know so i can put something on the ethernet
status page...

> While browsing through the kernel configuration options I saw some option
> for a SCSI Ethernet device. Looking for an example of those, I found at
> e-bay several Asante EN/SC SCSI-to-Ethernet devices that seem to be used
> exactly to network some of these Macintoshes.
>
> Are any of these supported on NetBSD ?

i don't believe we support any of the mac SCSI-Ethernet adapters.  we have
a basic driver, but i believe they all use proprietary protocols which no
one is willing to publicly document :-(

-colin