Subject: Re: packet filtering bug and a question
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/30/1999 10:26:38
On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > I don't know how to check if there's a PR open on this
>
> Go to http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html
>
> searching on the text "pfil_list_remove" shows that there is a PR:8296
> that looks like it's exactly what you're looking for.
> How-to-Repeat shows "ipf -E ; ipf -D ; ipf -E ; ipf -D"
>
> Only if you have defined DIAGNOSTIC in the kernel will it actually
> panic in net/pfil.c:
> 	#ifdef DIAGNOSTIC
> 		panic("pfil_list_remove");
> 	#endif
>
> That doesn't make it less of a bug, of course...

Heh.  I wonder if the code correctly deals with the situation if
DIAGNOSTIC is turned off....  Also, during my playing with the filters, I
got a message that said something about a value in freelist being changed,
with previous value 0xdeadbeef.  Anyway, there's something lurking there,
too, I think.

David