Subject: Re: DUOTEST kernel
To: None <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Daishi Kato <daishi@axlight.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1999 09:38:13
hello,

> > -	if (!get_physical(videoaddr, &phys))
> > +	if (!get_physical(videoaddr, &phys)&&!(phys=videoaddr)) /*by daishi*/
>                                                    ^
> That's not right. :-)
>
> That will always assign videoaddr to phys, and succeed if videoaddr is
> non-zero.

I know, and this is what I want to.

> If that's what you really want to, please code it more explicitly. :-)

I understand.

> My only other concern is could you code them some way that one kernel
> could boot both on a duo and a non-duo machine? We already have a 2x2
> matrix of kernels (sbc vs ncr scsi, mrg vs hw-direct adb) and I think it'd
> be saner for everyone if we didn't make it 2x2x2. :-)

OK, I know what you mean.

There're some things what I want to know:

Is the DUOTEST kernel really boot on other Duos and PBs?

What to do with locore.s ? I have no idea with assembly language.

What is the meaning of the line
"if ((via_reg(VIA1, vIFR) & 0x10) == 0x10)" in pm_direct.c .

Thank you.

--
Daishi Kato