Subject: Re: X
To: None <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1999 01:02:34
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Salvatore Mancini wrote:

> I am trying to get x running on a IIci with 20 mes o ram and  1.8 gig
> drive
> this is waht I get when I 'startx'
> _X11TansSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
> ..
> xinit says
> Connection refused  errno 61  unable to connect to X server
> No such process  errno 3  server eorror

All that means is the server didn't start. If you would try "startx
2>&1 >startx.log", you might be able to catch an error message are two
from the X server itself. Commonly, you'll see "... resolution not
supported", as the stock server requires that you've booted into
monochrome mode.

If you want color,
has on overview of the solutions available, and links to them.