Subject: Re: df shows 100% (and vaguely related subjects)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1999 15:41:03
On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 04:18:47PM -0400, Rafael Hinojosa wrote:

> I'm new to the whole NetBSD experience so forgive my ignorance...
>
> I've tried to get my Quadra 840av (128mb RAM/1.2GB HD) up and running with
> NetBSD.  The first time I installed the most recent release (1.4 I think).
> It all worked fine.  I had a friend help me set it all up and such
> (configuring the rc.config and the network stuff) that went
> well.

As the friend in question, let me explain what fixed this disk full
problem.

It was actually back in the port-mac68k mail log.

Raphael got an earlier version of mkfs, remade the / and swap file
systems with it, reinstalled the 1.4 packages, and now the df is
reasonable (30% of a 1 GB drive, all packages including X installed).

I'm having him download pkgsrc now, so we can get such niceties as
bash and ssh installed (probably zsh for my account ;^>).

Conveniently, this means I can dig all the old stuff from my
now-defunct mac68k box (a Performa 636 with its processor swapped for
a real 040) off the external drives (as it's a real pain to mount
those drives on my current macppc box, since the two ports are using a
different hack for disklabeling).

I'll still look into mounting those drives on my macppc box... if I
can make it work, I'll write up and explanation and send it to both
lists.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net