Subject: Re: Ghostscript/DeskWriter C via AppleTalk?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/1999 23:41:54
At 21:03 Uhr +0200 18.10.1999, Hauke Fath wrote:
>At 2:57 Uhr +0200 17.10.1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>>On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>>
>>> So, how about it?  Anyone got any pointers before I go blow gobs of time=
 on
>>> this effort?
>>
>>No, but I'd love to hear how it goes!
>
>I found that Netatalk has problems with LocalTalk--EtherTalk bridges. I
>have got a Dayna EtherPrint here, an Asant=E9 Print and a Shiva EtherGate.
>All I ever got from pap when trying to access a QMS-PS 410 via the bridges
>was an endless stream of "Bad response!". Pinging the netatalk-admins list
>about the issue gave no response.

Actually, it's not as simple as that... using pap directly, I first get a
stream of "Bad response!" -- about 40x -- and then the printer starts, and
all is well.

Printing via lpd/printcap/pap, I get nothing but this stupid "Bad
response!" until I kill lpd; nothing ever gets printed.

Now that I actually see printing is possible, I shall get the newest asun
package and look into the issue...

	hauke