Subject: Re: send email through a proxy?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1999 02:07:05
Hi,

"Tommy Smith" <90675750@mobilpost.com>wrote:

Tommy> I have a proxy on my network (90.0.0.3). ftp and
Tommy> telnet works fine, but howto send emails?  Sendmail
Tommy> seams to be missing a somewhat "aliases" file.  What
Tommy> kind of information should be put in this file?

Is there SMTP server in your network?  If so, add it as a
reley host in /etc/sendmail.cf, or your mailer's SMTP server
configuration.  I think the latter should fit your need, I'd
suggest you want to consult your network admin though.

BTW, it's little off topic to this (port-mac68k) mailing
list and network configuration is not so easy, so look at
recommended reading page of the NetBSD WWW site below.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/books.html

I hope it helps.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>