Subject: Re: rc5 to add meaning to my life ;)
To: Jeff Woolley , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Zeller <zeller@cif.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1999 21:13:52
At 9:04 PM -0500 10/14/99, Jeff Woolley wrote:
>>well, i know not everyone agrees with the rc5/SETI projects, but has
>>anyone gotten an rc5 client running with a GENERIC kernel? i get
>>"Illegal Instruction: core dumped"
>
>I am with you. I would like to run it too. It cored on my SE/30 and IIci
>running either NetBSD or MacOS. It also cored on my NeXT Cube. These are
>all '030s. Mmmm.
>
>It runs fine on my Centris 610 under MacOS. (I haven't tried it on
>NetBSD.)

I got the rc5 client to work under a generic 1.3 kernel on a 030 IIci,
somewhat.  It would work properly and finished its assigned block, but
never negotiated the process of turning in the completed block or
requesting another block to work on.  I never really figured out what the
problem was...

Since then I have moved the machine off the internet, as well as updating
to 1.4 and built a custom kernel, so I can't offer much additional help,

Ben

--
    \   /    Ben Zeller
     o o     zeller@cif.rochester.edu         zeller@startrekmail.com