Subject: Re: Error in -current kernel build
To: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/1999 18:23:41
eeh@one-o.com said:
> How about backing out all those changes, adding an MI function to
> wscons that will do the console switching

As I wrote yesterday, the whole thing is quite pointless
because one can switch the screens by hotkey after
DDB was entered.
What I wrote about X server interaction was even
over-optimistic - the X server will get a signal
but because waitok==0 there is no tsleep() which
makes the X server scheduled to.
So I agree to back it out.
(We could keep the renaming Debugger->cpu_debugger;
a "#define Debugger cpu_debugger" in system.h would
ease the transition.)

> and then changing the MD
> Debugger() routines that support wscons to call it?

As I said, I'd prefer to not do it automatically due
to possible side effects. An md ddb command would
be enough imho.

best regards
Matthias