Subject: Re: problems
To: Nick Nathans <nnathans@acns.fsu.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/1999 08:07:12
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Nick Nathans wrote:

> I have followed the directions from the website on how to install NetBSD
> on a 68k Mac.  Whenever I go to boot NetBSD,  I get an error of Kernel
> Illegal Instruction trap.  I have reinstalled and redownload all the sets
> and kernel-GENERIC.gz, in binary mode through Fetch.  What am I doing
> wrong??? By the way I am using a Quadra 660 AV, 24 megs of RAM, and 1gb
> Fujistu harddrive.

I couldn't find any mac68k kernels called kernel-GENERIC.gz on
ftp.netbsd.org. The 1.4.1 kernel is called netbsd.GENERIC.gz. In fact,
you're using the graphical installer, you need simply kern.tgz and
nothing more. Are you sure you downloaded the mac68k sets?
NetBSD-mac68k-1.4.1 is in
<ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.1/mac68k/binary/sets/>,
(and mirrors).