Subject: Re: netatalk
To: Jean-Francois Fortier <jefortie@cgocable.ca>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1999 21:05:24
At 17:33 Uhr +0200 08.10.1999, Jean-Francois Fortier wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>	Since few days, I see a lot of emails about netatalk... I didn't
>try it, but I would like to so is there a kind of getting started with
>netatalk somewhere.  I've installed the packages netatalk-19990130, but
>what after ???

You essentially start the daemons by calling the rc.atalk script from
/etc/rc.local (duplicate the if .. fi construction used for other daemons)
and you're set.

One of the nicer things about netatalk (it follows appletalk networking
there) is that there is almost nothing to configure. Samba comes to mind as
the other extreme...

	hauke

BODY>