Subject: Re: netboot from system 7.1? (was: how to install on a cold
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1999 23:19:33
>whatever translation the NT machine interface imposes.  So first thing is
>to look for a copy of Stuffit on that existing disk.  (There's a find file
>command in the apple menu.)

Actually, there's Find in the file menu...Apple did the enhanced Find File
application in the Apple menu starting with System 7.5. That required an
extension to re-map apple-f from the file menu's Find command to the new
application. While the app was written for System 7.5, it'll work fine with
System 7.1, but the first time you run it, it'll complain that it wasn't
written for that system.

>If it isn't included in your version of MacOS then get a copy of the MacTCP
>Installer floppy as well.  Also save copies of the other utilities you
>needed to get this far (DiskCopy, Anarchie, Stuffit, whatever).

System 7.5 was the first to include MacTCP, which was version 2.0.4, so
you'd want to get the 2.0.6 updater from Apple.

<many very good points snipped>

Sorry for my delayed entry, all...in the process of moving, power was out
for a few days & email backlogged like mad.

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.