Subject: Re: SE/30 speeds
To: charlie allom <charlie@pobox.com>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@auhs.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1999 10:39:32
   I can't say I've done any major compiling on my SE/30s, but you should
   note that you neglected to include the amount of memory you have.  I'd
   expect that will make all of the difference here ...

   My big builds are Pine, Perl, mSQL ... that's about it, but I haven't
   ever paid that much attention to the time it took.  I usually just go
   to another machine and start something else.  :^)  Upgrading from 8Mb
   to 20Mb made these compiles take less time as I didn't have as much
   swapping going on in the background.

   andrew.  (brennan@auhs.edu)

   HAL's last concert ('Daisy Daisy') in October!  Buy your tickets now!!