Subject: terminals, ethernet
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marius Schamschula <marius@caos.aamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1999 09:29:05
I've loaded NetBSD on an LC II. I followed the readme and edited rc.conf.
When I rebooted and logged the prompt asked for the terminal (which I set to
vt220). I retyped vt220, and got the following error (or something to that
effect): vt220 unknown terminal. I tried vt100, and a few others that I
could think of. I ended up using control-c to get out of this loop. This
left me in a situation where I could not invoke vi, which complained that no
terminal had been set and quit. Further I ended up in an unconfigured shell
(no .rc files had been read), what a joy...

Is there a package that I may have neglected to install? Otherwise how can I
change things without an editor?

The kernel properly finds aet0 (pds slot card). But when I use ifconfig to
bring it up, any attempt to pass data through results in a core dump (ping,
ftp). Any hints?

TIA for any pointers

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula, optical physicist, mac, and network coordinator

The Center for Applied Optical Sciences:  http://www.caos.aamu.edu/
          Department of Physics, Alabama A & M University