Subject: Re: netboot from system 7.1? (was: how to install on a cold
To: Tommy Smith <thsmith@online.no>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1999 08:43:16
"Tommy Smith" wrote:

>I've tried both "transmac" and AppleTalk (NT -  shared directory) without
>succseed.  Both of them manage to copy the disk  sets from Apple (ftp) to
>the mac, but my system 7.1 just proclaim that it  could'nt open the files
>because the program that created the file is not  present.

Don't try to open them by "double-clicking" because they will look for
DiskCopy instead of DiskMount. Instead, start up DiskMount and click on one
of the "Disk Wannabees"

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)