Subject: Re: fpu_add error
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1999 00:03:28
Allan wrote:
>Can you provide more details on the "fpu_add error"?  I've been pretty
>busy and must have missed discussion on this.

nope not much more.
I type top and it goes into the debug which gives the fpu_add error as cause.
Ps shows the sleepy list with top on top
And that's pretty much it.
You haven't missed the discussion because, afaik, there wasn't one yet.
Thanks though.

Frederick wrote:

>>how do i kill the hanging PID[snip...]
>
>"ps[snip...]debugger.

Thanks to Frederick for the extensive explanation.
I'll put it into practice

>At least, on mac68k, you can mix and match 1.4 and 1.4.1 packages as required.

I know, but it is really silly to find one package requiring one version of
say ncurses and another package depending on a much older version of
ncurses.
(for ncurses you could fill in lesstif and others).
I normally solve this by fooling the install by mkdir the required version
in /var/db/pkg. (Grey Area??)

>If there's something you want (that isn't restricted) ask on this
>list. There are quite a few folks who might help.

We'll do. Cheerz.
T@W