Subject: Re: how to install on a cold IIcx?
To: Tommy Smith <thsmith@online.no>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/05/1999 14:40:05
>>From: "Tommy Smith" <thsmith@online.no>
>>To: <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
>>Subject: HOWTO set up a SCSI Disk?
>>Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:22:55 +0200
>>
>>    Hi,   Does anyone know how to set up a new SCSI disk on a  mac IIcx.
>>How
>>do I format the disk and get the system installed?  Are  there any useful
>>tools to do this?   I have downloaded System 7.5.3 to my Windows NT 4.0
>>disk, >>but how do I get it onto floppy disks and installed on the  MAC?
>>Thanks...

Starting with an NT machine?  You're asking how you deal with Apple
DiskCopy images on a Windoze NT machine?  Good luck!

Didn't that Mac IIcx come with *any* boot disks at all?  Seems like you
need to get a basic set of MacOS disks somehow.  Even if all you can find
is the System 6 that came with the IIcx when it was new you can add
AppleShare workstation software and get the disk images off the NT machine
that way, maybe.  Or, do you have a CD-ROM on the IIcx?

I think you need a bit more than a bare machine to get started.  You need
some kind of boot floppy and some kind of connectivity.  What do you have
to work with?