Subject: Re: DF ?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/05/1999 09:13:01
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> My search of gnats on "union" turned up kern/1255, which apparently
> was never resolved completely. How are you supposed to figure the
> space on a union fs anyway? I'll grant you that negative numbers feel
> wrong. Maybe it should just follow the pattern of kernfs and procfs:
> total = used; available = 0?

Well, seems to me that the "total" space on a union mount should be the
amount of space currently used by both upper and lower levels PLUS the
available space on the writeable portion.  This is what df shows on
other ports (ie, I386).  Available space for the union mount should of
course be the amount of available space on the writeable component.

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |