Subject: Re: fpu_add error
To: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/05/1999 10:28:36
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, T@W wrote:

> And now i'm on it: how do i kill the hanging PID in the debugger and return
> to the sleeping processes? (kill "don't know what to put here" and then c
> or something?)

"ps" gives PIDs in decimal, and decimal numbers in the debugger should
have '0t' prepended, so use "kill 0tPID" or "kill N,0tPID" where 'N'
is the signal number (no '0t'). Some good choices for N are 1 - HUP
(default), 2 - INT, 3 - QUIT, 9 - KILL, 15 - TERM. A process sleeping
on IO may never wake up, no matter what you do. In that case, you
might try "kill 1" to get a single user shell. Then, always follow by
"c" to get out of the debugger.

> 2.certain 1.4.* pre-compiled packages  depend on others not available for
> example minicom depends on kermit and another one depending on a ncurses
> version far far away from the available pre-compiled version

I've been uploading some packages here and there as a I build them for
myself, without paying too much attention to that. At least, on
mac68k, you can mix and match 1.4 and 1.4.1 packages as required.

If there's something you want (that isn't restricted) ask on this
list. There are quite a few folks who might help.

For alpha and i386, someone usually does a batch build soon after the
release is cut. I guess that takes less than a week on a fast
pentium--on a mac, I wouldn't want to know. :-)