Subject: Re: getting error with daily script
To: Jt Chiodi <chiodi+@pitt.edu>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1999 09:08:16
On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 07:09:59AM -0400, Jt Chiodi wrote:
> I am getting a (: not found with the daily script.
> the only parenthesys are in the find core part of the script.
> Is this another link to /bin/test? I don't remember removing a (.

Sounds more like that's the Bourne shell wanting you to put
parantheses around something that doesn't have them... but I'm not so
sure.

Possibly you've got a stray (, and all sh can interpret as is an
executable call, and it can't find an executable named (?

My mac68k machine is disabled currently and my macppc machine doesn't
seem to have this problem with 1.4.1.

You might try breaking chunks of your daily script off and running
them by hand to see if you can narrow down where the problem is.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net