Subject: how to install on a cold IIcx?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1999 21:24:09
The easiest way I've found is to dig up an external CD drive and
install from there.

Barring that, you can use the disk tools
disk to initialize the hard drive.  (That's one of the images in the 7.5.3
package you downloaded).  As I recall, you can copy the system
folder from the floppy to the hard drive.  Once that's done, you
can install MacTCP (all you need is the control panel) and an FTP client.
Once that's done, you can get network access, get stuffit expander, and then
you're in business.

If you have other macs handy, another way is to install the hard drive in
another machine, and install the system on it using the other CPU.

Yet another method is to get appletalk working and use file sharing to get
the data onto the CX.

Have fun!

-dgl-