Subject: console updates
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Wight <adamw@tulum.brsys.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/1999 01:22:50
I just installed netbsd on my quadra 630 and made some experimental changes
to the console driver (sped things up, added color and bold, etc.), but I have
two important details I need to ask about:

- How attached are people to the 6x10 font?  Using an 8-pixel-wide font would
make the console _much_ faster, and also allow netbsd to use many widely
available fonts (making internationalization much easier).

- Does anyone know if it's possible for screnrowbytes!=videorowbytes?  If so,
would writing into the small memory "gaps" cause problems?

Finally, I don't know how this list feels about sending long patches, so for
now, if anyone wants to try the code I'm working on just drop me a note...

Thanks,
adam