Subject: console updates
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Wight <adamw@tulum.brsys.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/1999 00:45:22
I just installed netbsd on my quadra 630 and got some highly experimental
changes to the console working (much faster, color/bold, etc.), but I was
wondering about two rather crucial details:
-How attached are people to the 6x10 font?  Using 8x[8-16] fonts would make
things run _way_ faster, and also enable netbsd to use standard sets of
console fonts that are readily available.
-Does anyone know if videorowbytes can ever != screenbytes, and if so, if
writing into the memory "gaps" can cause trouble?

Thanks,
adam

p.s. - I don't know how people on this like long patches, so for now if anyone
wants to test the changes I've made, please e-mail me.