Subject: Re: Farallon PhoneNet Support
To: None <brad@baileylink.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/1999 13:21:36
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 brad@baileylink.net wrote:

> Hello all, I am new to the list.
>
> I installed OpenBSD on a MacIIci this weekend and found that the ae driver

As you're posting on a NetBSD list, have you tried NetBSD with this card?

> does not support my NIC card.  I have verified that this chipset is
> supported with the ae driver.  I have read in the list archives that the
> driver does not recognize the card, but did not find a good reason why the
> driver would not work with the card.  I know that some people reading this
> probably think that this card is for localtalk only, but it is an ethernet

We'd only thing LocalTalk as you mentioned PhoneNet (which is LocalTalk)
in your subject. ;-)

> card (my version has AUI and 10baseT ports).  What files should I look at to
> start hacking out a solution?  I think that the problem is in the kernel
> autoconfiguration code.  The kernel recognizes the card during nubus
> probing, but reports that it is "not configured".  Thank you for any
> assistance.  Also where should I get the most recent copy of kernel source
> that compiles?  Should I use anoncvs?

I think you want to look at sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/if_ae_nubus.c.

What chipset does the card use? Also, is there a 68000 on the card?

Take care,

Bill