Subject: Re: First boot failed - try this first, please!
To: Fabrizio Catalano <cata003@pn.itnet.it>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/1999 14:17:48
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Fabrizio Catalano wrote:
>
> > On the same machine I have another disc (300MB) with NetBSD 1.3.2 up
> > and running.
>
> Good. That'll make this easy.

Still assuming that's true, try this first please.

Boot in 1.3.2, and locate the new 1.4.1 partition - the one which shows up
as an ext2fs when it's not. I'll assume it's sdXa below. Use what it
really shows up as.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rsdXa count=1 seek=2

The seek=2 says to skip 2 blocks (1 k) into the partition, and the count=1
says write just one block.

This should then fix things up, and all the install work you've done so
far should show up right.

Let me know how it goes!

Take care,

Bill