Subject: Farallon PhoneNet Support
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <brad@baileylink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1999 12:13:30
Hello all, I am new to the list.

I installed OpenBSD on a MacIIci this weekend and found that the ae driver
does not support my NIC card.  I have verified that this chipset is
supported with the ae driver.  I have read in the list archives that the
driver does not recognize the card, but did not find a good reason why the
driver would not work with the card.  I know that some people reading this
probably think that this card is for localtalk only, but it is an ethernet
card (my version has AUI and 10baseT ports).  What files should I look at to
start hacking out a solution?  I think that the problem is in the kernel
autoconfiguration code.  The kernel recognizes the card during nubus
probing, but reports that it is "not configured".  Thank you for any
assistance.  Also where should I get the most recent copy of kernel source
that compiles?  Should I use anoncvs?

Thanx, BMG