Subject: Re: Using papd with Epson Printer
To: Erik M. Winkler <Erik.Winkler@ey.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1999 16:20:30
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Erik M. Winkler wrote:

> Is it possible to share an Epson stylus printer using papd under
> NetBSD?  I currenly have it connected to an old Mac IIcx and would
> like to share it with other mac computers.  An example papd.conf
> file would also be a big help.

Yes, it is possible.

fredb-> cat /usr/pkg/etc/papd.conf
Epson Stylus Pro:\
        :pr=lp:pd=/usr/pkg/etc/Stylus Pro.PPD:

You'll need to get the PPD file from either Apple's web site, Adobe's,
or Epson's. (The copyright doesn't permit unlimited re-distribution.)
The identical file goes in the appropriate folder on the Mac; you
might also get the latest LaserWriter driver from Apple, for the Mac.
Assuming that you already have lpd running on the NetBSD box, it's
going to look just like a LaserWriter to the Mac.