Subject: Re: ipnat
To: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/1999 06:22:47
Erik Huizing  (huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca) wrote:

>  Does anyone know if I need one or 2 NICs in my machine to run ipnat?

Yes I know.  No you don't.  If you'd like copies of my setup files just
let me know.

I have an internal network with multiple machines connected on an
ethernet. Also on the ethernet is my ADSL modem for external network
access.  I have IPNAT running to give me Internet (external) network
access from all my internal machines through a single IP address
dynamically assigned by my ISP using DCHP-client.  I can also access all
my internal machines from any system on my inside network, including the
NetBSD gateway box.  Access to the NetBSD box can be by internal name
using my inside IP address (192.168.1.16) or by external name using my
outside IP address (208.x.x.x).  Samba filesharing is working for Windows
clients and NetAtalk filesharing is working for MacOS clients all on my
inside network.  Apple File Sharing also works between MacOS systems.

-bob