Subject: Re: Localization
To: Sergey Ivanov <sergey57@bigfoot.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1999 12:57:17
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Sergey Ivanov wrote:

> 	Please help me to install Cyrillic fonts and keyboards at NetBSD!
> I have Cyrillic fonts ungziped and untared into fonts/Cyrillic subdirectory,
> but fontselect program does not want to see it! She suggested only western
> characters or some hieroglyphes, I guess Japan.
> 	I have a precise instructions on localization FreeBSD from FreeBSD
> handbook, but it is for FreeBSD on i386 platform only. And these instructions
> depends on keyboard codes of this architecture, I guess.
> 	So I need some suggestions from what to start, and where to look for
> information. May be everything I need is contained already in the installed
> NetBSD
> documentation, while I look for it in another places?

  I installed korean font from FreeBSD on my NetBSD machine.  I used the FreeBSD
package folder.  I made a new pkgsrc directory: "/usr/pkgsrc/korean/" and then
put the johobofonts/ directory and all it's contents from the FreeBSD package
system in there.
Then I used the FreeBSD makefile that came with that package.  I had to modify
the Makefile a little.  I changed the last line to:

.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"

from:

.include <bsd.port.mk>

And then I just did: "make ; make install"  There may have been a few other
problems (can't remember exactly) , but eventually it worked.

You know, you may also need an "IM" input method for those crillic fonts.

  Good luck,
	Guy
Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea