Subject: Re: slow processes
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Zeller <zeller@cif.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1999 11:54:35
At 4:24 PM -0700 9/12/99, Paul Goyette wrote:
>Probably things are trying to reverse DNS lookup (to find out where
>you're telneting etc. from) and the DNS lookup is timing out.  Do
>you have DNS (/etc/resolv.conf) set up correctly?

Ahah!  Yes, this was the problem.  I had never removed bind from
resolv.conf when I stopped using bind.  Now that I fixed that everything
has returned to normal (including pine).  Thanks you for your help,
everyone.  Now the strange question is, why in the world was pine doing
reverse dns lookups?

Ben