Subject: Re: kernel panic
To: None <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz, rnestor@augustmail.com, mikeride@prez.org>
From: Marius Schamschula <marius@caos.aamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1999 11:17:20
Robert, Michael, Bob,

Indeed, a previous (bad) install of Debian Linux was on the drive. I went
back in with APS Power Tools and reformatted the drive (The wonders on
floppy disk swapping...). This time the installer garbed during the install
of the base packages: Something to do with not being able to write to a
particular block on the /usr (/dev/sd0g) partition. It's repeatable, so I
can get the particulars.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula, optical physicist, mac, and network coordinator

The Center for Applied Optical Sciences:  http://www.caos.aamu.edu/
          Department of Physics, Alabama A & M University