Subject: RE: X
To: 'Frederick Bruckman' <fb@enteract.com>
From: Paul Thompson <paul@abyss.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/1999 13:02:08
Hi

It doesn't matter which window manager I use. The ~/.xession which I have
is:

#!/bin/sh
xterm &
exec fvwm2

*or*

exec twm

In fact, I've noticed that even if you dont log onto the console it goes
black for a second or two, like its going to sleep, even though the 5
minutes is not up :-) then it starts again. If I do a ps -ax on the the
processes, I notice that xdm is running twice.

I don't know if this could have an affect on it, I run a shell script from
rc.local to start my PPP connection, it loops checking that the line is
running and if it isn't restarts it. I did try disabling this and other
optional services like apache to see if they were causing it, didn't change
a thing.

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.