Subject: Re: Is 1.4.1 fpe busted?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Baird <abuse@brushtail.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1999 01:19:56
>> I've not had any success building a 1.4.1 kernel with working FPE.
>> Is this a known problem, or have I got a navigation error? [...]

 > Exactly and precisely how does it not work?

I'm getting SIGILL's on emulated FP instructions, as if "FPU_EMULATE"
wasn't there.  This is occuring with anything built off a 1.4.1 systree;
including GENERIC, my system's working 1.4 config, and the kern_sbc.tgz
from ftp.netbsd.org.  The system's been fresh-installed numerous times,
discounting bad libraries and etc.

I also rolled /sys/arch/m68k/fpe/* back to 1.4, and the dumps went away.

--
Chris Baird,, <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>