Subject: Re: kernel panic
To: Marius Schamschula <marius@caos.aamu.edu>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1999 16:48:30
>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to install the 68k port onto an LC II (6MB RAM/1.2GB Apple ROM
>HD).
>
>After smooth partitioning, and formating, I loaded the basic packages and a
>few odds and ends.
>
>When I tried to boot into NetBSD, the process hung with the following msg:
>
>panic: extfs_dirbadentry
>Stopped in init at _Debugger + Ox6: unlk a6

What did you use for partitioning and formatting? What kind of partitions
did you tell that progrm to use? Did you use MKFS to convert them to NetBSD
slices? This may be related to very recent problems that we've been seeing
wrt mkfs and (former) EXT2fs partitions. Had that Apple ROM HD ever been
used with Linux?

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.