Subject: Re: Ethernet card....
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Brown <cblist@cityb.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1999 10:28:49
On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 02:23:25AM -0500, Greg Evans wrote:
> Been a long time since I visted this problem, so I will ask now...
>
> Has anyone ever writen or gotten drivers for an Asante MacCon for LC Rev.
> D2 card working under NetBSD? I am once again interested in this so that
> I can make my LC2 into my machine for doing IPNAT.

I don't know about the LC version, but I am using an Asante MacCon NuBus
version successfully.

> and speaking of NAT....is it possible for me to do some sort of port
> mapping so that I can do something similar to this:
>

> <--to 'net---cable modem<--hub-----|---IPNAT machine (my IP addy from ISP
> and 192.168.x.x
>                                    |---web server    (192.168.x.x)
>                                    |---some machine  (192.168.x.x)
>
> so that people can hit the webserver from the outside internet?  if so,
> could someone explain that to me. I can already make it so that all my
> machines can access the net, just wondering about making it so that I can
> put up a webserver on the 192.168.x.x IP and have it serve the web pages
> effectively....

Adding something like to the following to /etc/ipnat.conf should work,
changing ae0 to your real ethernet interface, and 192.168.x.x to your real
web server ip:

rdr ae0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> 192.168.x.x port 80

Something similar is needed to use QuickTime streaming from inside an
ipnated network, but you have to redirect a whole range of ports.

--
Chris Brown -- Macintosh networking/Web development
<chris@cityb.net> <http://www.mindspring.com/~chrsbrwn>