Subject: Re: siag package building prob
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1999 15:08:42
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
>
> >   I tried that and I get the same error message.  It is ncurses-4.2
> > that I am trying to install.  Why is ncurses not listed as a
> > dependancy for siag?  Any other ideas on how to get that ncurses to
> > build?
>
> It is. The latest update was on Aug. 29. Maybe your pkgsrc is
> out-of-date?

  Greetings,

  I found out why I couldn't see the ncurses in the dependency list.
  I've been using
the sup command to  update my pkgsrc.  Sup doesn't update
the readme.html file it seems.  So I did the "make readme"
after sup'ing the pkgsrc and saw the ncurses in the
dependency list.

I still haven't got the  ncurses to
build though.  Do you think this could be because
I'm using sup to update the pkgsrc  instead of installing from
the tar.gz file??

  Thanks,

		Guy
Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea