Subject: Re: libpthread.so.1.60 on NetBSD 1.3.3
To: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1999 17:13:10
Roger Brown wrote:

> Still on 1.3.3...
>
> When I remove sigprocmask and sigsuspend from 'config.flags' (where they are
> mysteriously duplicated in the AVAILABLE_SYSCALLS clause but *that* does not
> appear to be the problem)

That's because I explicitly add them in the configure.in script.  Its
needed for the 1.4.X systems so that sigprocmask and sigsuspend will be
generated from the template file.

> Then when the final .so is built, attempts to run programs comes up with
>
> Undefined symbol 'SYS_compat_13_sigprocmask13' in libthread.so.1.60
>
> Which shows that the functions that the assembler in syscall.S is trying to
> call either don't exist or are not being generated.
>
> Where is the 'compat' stuff supposed to come from?

Look in /usr/include/sys/syscall.h for SYS_compat_13_sigprocmask13.  If
its not in there look for all the different sigprocmask traps - one
should be for 1.3.  After looking at the alpha port it looks like it
should simply be SYS_sigprocmask.  You'll have to do the same for
sigsuspend.  If that works, I seem to have a bug in my code, and I need
to fix it.

	-andy