Subject: Re: libpthread.so.1.60 on NetBSD 1.3.3
To: None <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1999 20:45:35
rogerhb@xtra.co.nz (Roger Brown) writes:

>With various help, thanks Andy and Michael, I have got the pthreads library
>working on mac68k NetBSD 1.3.3
>(Mac IIcx, 8meg ram, 540 HD, Sonic ethernet)

>The main problems I encountered were...

>syssuspend() and sigprocmask() were duplicated, so I removed the definitions
>from 'syscall.S'.

>I could not get machdep.c to compile due to a problem with
>'machdep_sys_lseek', basically the
>redefining of the off_t __syscall(), so I split this into two files, putting
>machdep_sys_lseek()
>in it's own source file and compiled it separately.

Hmm.  I don't suppose you're build the mit-pthreads package.  Try using that,
it has all the fixes that make it work on 1.3.3.  As far as mit-pthreads can
be considered working, that is.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)