Subject: here's a good one....
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <rimsky@gstis.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1999 14:09:48
	Moved my Q630, wiped the disk and put on 1.4.1, dropped it on the
ethernet and started installing packages like mad. But...........
ummmm.... found a problem with dt. I login with my user account, and
invoke dt (it's got a whopping 36MB of RAM which I'd like to save for
processes other than X)..... I try to su to root and............ can't for
the life of me do it. Works great on the bare console, but can't for the
life of me su. (correct password and all)

	This is with dt-1.1.7. I just grabbed 1.1.5 off of ftp.macbsd.com
and I can su with the best of them. I get a bit of garbage from other
consoles on the edge of the screen (it's a 15" HP Ergo Ultra VGA I
salvaged from the monitor graveyard in our department) I remember seeing
something about increasing some buffer or another and recompiling, which
buffer was this?? I'd like to do this just to keep it from annoying me.
:-)

	Anyways, someone might want to look into that one... :-)

	Ryan

--
   Ryan Ordway  *  IP Operations  Technician  *  GST Whole Earth Networks
           520 SW 6th Ave. Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204