Subject: Re: Stylewriter driver (was Re: xemacs printing)
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1999 01:10:52
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

>   I'm having trouble compiling lpstyl.c this time also.  Below is the message
> that I get.
>
> # g++ lpstyl.c
> lpstyl.c:151: warning: deprecated symbol "unix" is no longer predefined
> lpstyl.c: In function `int main(int, char **)':
> lpstyl.c:321: warning: implicit declaration of function `int getlogin(...)'
> lpstyl.c:321: warning: assignment to `char *' from `int' lacks a cast
> lpstyl.c:324: `SIGUSR1' undeclared (first use this function)
> lpstyl.c:324: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> lpstyl.c:324: for each function it appears in.)

You might get farther with 'CPPFLAGS=-Dunix make'. Egcs no longer
pre-defines "unix", since it's not posix-ly correct for a compiler to
pre-define symbols without double leading underscores. Even better,
find the place in the Makefile where the cpp flags are defined,
whether it's CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, or something like it, and add -Dunix to
the mix.